Seth Pollock, 23 Sports

The No. 13 Missouri women’s basketball team was originally supposed to play Arkansas Sunday afternoon in Fayetteville, but the ice on the roads prevented the Tigers from being able to leave Columbia. Monday evening, after the roads cleared, the Tigers got their chance and pummeled the Razorbacks 84-58.

For the second straight game, the Tigers came out the gate red hot. Mizzou made six of their first seven three point attempts and led 29-10 just 6:14 in. Missouri’s scoring pace slowed down the rest of the period, but the Tigers still ended the first up 33-14, their second straight game finishing the first on pace for more than 100 points.

The Tigers slowed their roll in the second quarter, but the Razorbacks were unable to gain any  ground. The high point for the Hogs was back-to-back threes by Devin Cooper at the 4:25 and 3:55 marks, but even then Mizzou’s lead was only cut to 17. The Tigers outscored Arkansas 16-15 in the quarter to take a 49-29 lead into half.

The third was more of the same as Missouri continued to build their lead. Cunningham and Hannah Schuchts both made three pointers, but the Tigers did most of their attacking inside, with three layups along with eight free throws to widen their advantage to 69-45 at the end of the quarter.

In fourth quarter garbage time, the Razorbacks actually outscored the Tigers 15-13, for a final of Missouri 84, Arkansas 58. The score was eerily similar to the last time the two teams met, an 88-54 Missouri winner at Mizzou Arena back in January.

It was a balanced scoring output for Mizzou, with four Tigers finishing in double figures. Cunningham led the way with 18 points, 12 of those coming from three pointers. In her last two games, she’s shot an absurd 75% (9/12) from beyond the arc.

The win brought Missouri to 20-5 overall and 8-4 in SEC play while Arkansas dropped to 13-11 and 4-8 in league play. Mizzou’s next game, weather permitting, will be Thursday night at Auburn to face the 13-11 (4-8) Tigers.